Kudos to our member Interunion Freight for being awarded with the 2017 SME Business Awards, by the Italian Chamber of Commerce Singapore (ICCS). Congratulations!
Link to full article in Italian.
Save the date on 3rd October 2017 (Tuesday). Please join us, to be the first in welcoming the recently appointed Ambassador of Italy to Malaysia, His Excellency Cristiano Maggipinto
Taste the exquisite menu prepared for the event by the master of Italian cuisine- Cavaliere Modesto Marini, and enjoy the atmosphere and the beautiful night-view of Kuala Lumpur. Limited seats available, kindly RSVP by 29th September 2017.
IMBA Member: RM249 / Non Member: RM329
Venue: Marble 8, Level 56, Petronas Tower 3
Tel: +603 2164 9931
IMBA joins presentation of Former Italian Prime Minister Professor Enrico Letta on the “Italy-ASEAN Association” at UniKL on October 21st 2016
IMBA Committee announced on August 6th that Adm. Fernando Ferri, who has served as IMBA Secretary General from last Annual General Meeting (AGM) held on April 13th 2016, has resigned from the Secretary General post due to personal reasons with effect from August 1st. Adm. Ferri will continue to serve IMBA as a Committee Member.
On August 6th, IMBA Members Committee have unanimously appointed Mr. Luciano Pezzotta as the new Secretary General. Mr. Luciano is an experienced management consultant who has operated in Malaysia since 2008 and has collaborated with several Malaysian high-profile organizations. Mr. Luciano has already effectively served as IMBA Secretary General in the months leading to 2016 AGM. The Members Committee wishes Mr. Luciano best of luck in his new mandate.
EU-Malaysia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (EUMCCI) underwent a change in leadership with a full Board election on 22nd April 2016 at the Extraordinary General Meeting, with the current Chairman, Mr Fermin Fautsch, retiring. Mr Roberto Benetello, Committee Member of Italy Malaysia Business Association, has been elected as the new Chairman of EUMCCI.
The Annual General Meeting that was held on April 13th at the Grand Millennium Hotel Kuala Lumpur, has elected the New Committee for the years 2016 and 2017 which is composed as follows:
- President: Mr. Bruno Bertella - Vice-President of Finmeccanica
- Vice President: Datin Paduka Halimah binti Abdullah - Former Ambassador of Malaysia to Italy until 2015
- Treasurer: Mr. Francesco Grigolo
- Secretary General: Admiral (It.N) Mr. Fernando Ferri
- Ordinary Committee Member: Mr. Michele Dossi - CEO of MVF (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd
- Ordinary Committee Member: Mr. Ugo Castellotti - Managing Director of Maccaferri (Malaysia)
- Ordinary Committee Member: Mr. Luciano Pezzotta - Managing Partner of the European Center for Strategic Innovation (ECSI Asia)
On the immediate aftermath of the Annual General Meeting, the Committee Meeting has been convened by the new IMBA President in order to proceed with the naming of:
- Honorary President: Mr. Giovanni Fassi - Chairman and CEO of Fassi S.p.A.
- Honorary Member: Tan Sri (dr) Salleh Bin Mohd Nor - UTM Pro Chancellor and former Deputy President of IMBA
- Honorary Member: Mr. Samuele Porsia - Italian Trade Commissioner to Malaysia
- Committee Member (co-opted) Mr. Cesare Basile - Regional Manager for East Asia for Vitrociset S.p.A.
- Committee Member (co-opted) Mr. Roberto Benetello - CEO of RBC
IMBA President, Mr. Bruno Bertella, was invited by BFM radio to share about the upcoming AGM and his view on the future of IMBA on BFM Radio - The Business Station Resource Centre at 1pm on Tuesday April 12th.