IMBA, in collaboration with EUMCCI, is organizing a career fair roadshow for European companies in 3 major Malaysian universities.
The EU DAY - TALENT ROADSHOW will bring EU companies into direct contact with selected universities in Malaysia and enable them to present themselves to University students with exhibition booths, presentation slots and direct one-to-one talks. On the other hand, Malaysian Students will gain the opportunity to get direct information about your company, and apply directly for a job or an internship.
Malaysia’s job market is growing fast, as multinational companies take advantage of the country’s geographical location, multi-lingual capabilities and abundant pool of relatively young, skilled and educated workers to set up their manufacturing facilities and regional service centres.
However, many companies in Malaysia – both foreign and local – have reported their difficulties in facing talent recruitment as well as retainment. The following questions arise: Is the right talent coming out of the Universities? Vice versa, are the companies who are looking for talents well-known enough and attractive to graduates and potential future employees? While job descriptions may be quite clear and the salary attractive, factors like working environment & culture, mentorship, team structures and support, as well as personal development are equally important factors to young talents nowadays.
The roadshow shall take place in April 2018 at 3 major universities, with a duration of one day for each event respectively:
• UNIVERSITI SAINS MALAYSIA (USM) / 11 April 2018, Penang
• TAYLOR’S UNIVERSITY MALAYSIA / 17 April 2018, Kuala Lumpur
• UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA (UM) / 26 April 2018, Kuala Lumpur
The benefits for participatig companies are:
• The best way to minimize cost, time and effort in advertising and recruiting new staff;
• The easiest and cheapest way for companies to meet students/future employees;
• To share the company profile to higher educational institutions and the society;
• Give a chance for students to know what the company requirements in the recruiting process are.
The project is co-funded by the European Union, therefore the participation fee is only RM 15,000 (+ GST) for all 3 locations. The participation fee includes: organization of the respective events, exhibition booths, presentation slots, direct one-to-one talks, catering during the day.
For further information about the events, don’t hesitate to contact us.