On October 31st, Ministry of International Trade and Industry, Malaysia published Industry4WRD, the National Policy for Industry 4.0. The policy outlines a framework of strategies that will transform the manufacturing industry of the Country over the next decade.
The framework, called F.I.R.S.T. (Funding, Infrastructure, Regulations, Skills & Talent, Technology), will increase manufacturing contribution to the economy, improve productivity and innovation and increase the number of skilled workers in the country through:
- Funding and outcome-based incentives
- Enabling ecosystem and efficient digital Infrastructure
- Regulatory Framework and Industry Adoption
- Upskilling existing and producing future talent
- Access to smart technology and standards
The official document outlining the policy in detail can be downloaded at: http://www.miti.gov.my/index.php/pages/view/industry4WRD?mid=559#tab_547_1919